- I have been working on my urban night photography project.… brencerddwr.wordpress.com/2017/01/03/i-h… https://t.co/hbmdAK6Jzv 1 month ago
- Fall Color brencerddwr.wordpress.com/2016/11/06/fal… https://t.co/XYdQKufuie 3 months ago
- My Variable Interval Timer for long exposure photography brencerddwr.wordpress.com/2016/10/12/my-… 4 months ago
- Time to find a new internet provider, @CharterCom cannot keep the internet working in this part of Reno 7 months ago
- https://t.co/zxs2tnVKvK 8 months ago
- https://t.co/UCMQ7DL5jf 8 months ago
- https://t.co/rwipglVCpB 9 months ago
- turns out there was a service outage for this area with #charter. They could not tell us this when we called to report a problem. 9 months ago
- #chartercable sucks, nothing but problems for several months now. 9 months ago
- https://t.co/zaiUY9ThPy 9 months ago
I have been working on my urban night photography project. This is on the University of Nevada, Reno campus.
Kelley and I went for a drive yesterday (November 5,2016) to see if we could find any fall color left. We drove from Reno, through the Carson Valley, down US395, across into Smith Valley and Wilson Canyon. Then we went through Yerington and back to Reno.
Here are some of the photographs I took. I hope you like them.
I have been working on my custom made variable interval timer for long exposure photography and now have all the initially planned functions working and have added a couple features. I consider it a fully funtional proof of concept/prototype. I have searched and have not found anything like it except for hardware that depends on your cell phone to provide the interface and computing power, mine is completely stand alone.
The current feature list:
- shutter speeds from 1 second to 4 hours in the standard single EV progression
- timer to support the camera’s built in long exposure(dark frame) noise reduction (currently Pentax only)
- trigger focus of the camera
- field adjustable settings
- starting exposure
- number of exposures
- enable/disable dark frame noise reduction
- save 1 set of settings
- recall saved settings
- use current settings without saving
- Known to work with Pentax(tested)
- Should work with Canon(untested)
- basic help screen
Potential future features(subject to change):
- long exposure noise reduction support for Canon cameras
- support for other cameras that have a wired remote connector
- ability to save more than one set of settings
To be able to confirm support for Canon cameras, I need access to one that has the 3/16″ remote connection to test with and determine how long the long exposure noise reduction exposures are, the save to card speed of the camera with a slow memory card, etc.
If someone is interested and has the technical skills to make one themselves, they should contact me.
On Christmas Day 2015 while we were in Las Vegas, we decided to go to the Red Rock Conservation Area just west of town. I had heard about it and seen others photographs of the area and knew it would be a good area to go photograph. Here are two photographs from that day and I will post others as I finish editing all the photographs that I took that afternoon.
We went to Las Vegas, Nevada for Christmas. This was taken on the drive there from Reno.