- Starting a new project for work brencerddwr.wordpress.com/2017/04/15/sta… 6 months ago
- I have been reworking one of my blogs. Variable Interval Timer brencerddwr.wordpress.com/projects/photo… via @amomentoftimephotos 6 months ago
- I recently built an infinity mirror. This is a prototype for a much larger mirror that I will be building for a… brencerddwr.wordpress.com/2017/04/07/i-r… 6 months ago
- Future photography posts on Business Website brencerddwr.wordpress.com/2017/04/06/fut… 6 months ago
- I have been working on my urban night photography project.… brencerddwr.wordpress.com/2017/01/03/i-h… https://t.co/hbmdAK6Jzv 9 months ago
- Fall Color brencerddwr.wordpress.com/2016/11/06/fal… https://t.co/XYdQKufuie 11 months ago
- My Variable Interval Timer for long exposure photography brencerddwr.wordpress.com/2016/10/12/my-… 1 year ago
- Time to find a new internet provider, @CharterCom cannot keep the internet working in this part of Reno 1 year ago
- https://t.co/zxs2tnVKvK 1 year ago
- https://t.co/UCMQ7DL5jf 1 year ago
Category Archives: Photography
I recently built an infinity mirror. This is a prototype for a much larger mirror that I will be building for a local business that is opening later this year. This one is running on an Arduino Uno and using FastLED to provide the control signaling for the LEDs.
Due to changes in web hosting future posts about photography will be at our main photography business site A Moment of Time Photography. Thank you for following my photography projects here and I look forward to your comments at the new blog.
I will post more about my art and electronics projects here and will eventually rename this blog. I just need to remember to document projects better to share with those that are interested.
I have been working on my urban night photography project. This is on the University of Nevada, Reno campus.
Kelley and I went for a drive yesterday (November 5,2016) to see if we could find any fall color left. We drove from Reno, through the Carson Valley, down US395, across into Smith Valley and Wilson Canyon. Then we went through Yerington and back to Reno.
Here are some of the photographs I took. I hope you like them.
I have been working on my custom made variable interval timer for long exposure photography and now have all the initially planned functions working and have added a couple features. I consider it a fully funtional proof of concept/prototype. I have searched and have not found anything like it except for hardware that depends on your cell phone to provide the interface and computing power, mine is completely stand alone.
The current feature list:
- shutter speeds from 1 second to 4 hours in the standard single EV progression
- timer to support the camera’s built in long exposure(dark frame) noise reduction (currently Pentax only)
- trigger focus of the camera
- field adjustable settings
- starting exposure
- number of exposures
- enable/disable dark frame noise reduction
- save 1 set of settings
- recall saved settings
- use current settings without saving
- Known to work with Pentax(tested)
- Should work with Canon(untested)
- basic help screen
Potential future features(subject to change):
- long exposure noise reduction support for Canon cameras
- support for other cameras that have a wired remote connector
- ability to save more than one set of settings
To be able to confirm support for Canon cameras, I need access to one that has the 3/16″ remote connection to test with and determine how long the long exposure noise reduction exposures are, the save to card speed of the camera with a slow memory card, etc.
If someone is interested and has the technical skills to make one themselves, they should contact me.